- The Wine
2012 Moonstone encapsulates our organic & biodynamic practices. Natural yeast, no acid adjustment, purely from vine to the bottle.
- Pale, clear
- Purity. A refreshing white wine with abundant honeysuckle, blossom, fresh petal aromas lifted by lemon zest and Nashi pear.
- The palate shows exceptional richness and outstanding texture, flavours of fresh lemons followed by citrus and limes that finish with firm crisp acid. An extraordinary expression of “natural wine” that we are committed to achieve.
- Asian Cuisine: Seafood, especially Oysters and Shellfish, Roasted Duck or Goose and Thai Curry Western Cusisne: Stuffed Mussels, Spanish Seafood Salad and Cheese & Salmon Quiche
- Drink Now
- Vintage Notes
Good winter rains gave the vines plenty of reserves for the 2012 growing season. Spring was dry and mild encouraging even balanced growth. We shoot thin during the growing season to remove all unwanted shoots and to eliminate “crowding” of the bunches. Vintage commenced earlier than usual, which allowed us to harvest when sugars were lower and natural acids high. We can firmly state that the 2012 vintage will sit alongside the greats of the last 2 decades, 98, 02 and 04.
- Bronze at NZ International Wine Show 2012
- 90 Points at James Halliday 2013 Australian Wine Companion