- The Wine
100% Shiraz - sourced from our premium blocks.
- Deep purple/crimson with purple and black hues.
- Satsuma plums, licorice, white pepper, black jubes, mocha, red cherry, hints of cinnamon and savoury oak.
- A complex web of flavours that traverse the palate. The front is dominated by the darker spectrum of fruits - blackberry, plums and blueberries. The 2010 has a definitive concentration of typical uncut shirazes yet something we haven’t seen since the 2006 vintage, restraint. Half way through the palate journey the wine checks itself and much like a funnel the fruits are channeled in by wonderful lines of acid and tannin.
- Suggested recipe
- Vintage Notes
The 2010 vintage continues a remarkable decade of harvests in McLaren Vale, joining 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2008. An almost perfect growing season paved the way for a vintage where all the strongest parcels of fruit were picked in ideal conditions. The resultant wine has great concentration and flavour yet continues with the Gemtree trademark of fine acid and tannin lines.
- Gold at 2011 Australian Small Winemakers Show
- Bronze at 2011 HK INTL Wine Competition: Food & Wine Matching for Peking Duck
- Silver at 2011 International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Bronze at The Visy 2011 Great Australian Shiraz Challenge